3/3/10 What?? Birds Attack!?


My new artistic endeavor I've decided to take on is attempting to take the every iconic Alfred Hitchcock films and recreating the film posters in a more contemporary style. This is definitely an undertaking in itself, but my first stab at it has seemingly been well received. I took the film, "The Birds" and looked at it from fresh eyes. I wanted to take this film and really capture it in a new style but maintain the sense of feeling. It's such an intense film with a lot of horror centric heart behind it and I felt it could easily translate graphically into a new vision.

The final product for the re-envisioning of "The Birds" can be found at: lazmarquez.com

Today's photo was found outside of my window, in my apartment in North Bergen, NJ. No bird watching was done this evening. Luckily?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog :-)

We use typography & emoticons in our everyday online convos to express how we feel. It's the new way to communicate. But what happens when one graphic designer decides to mix this digital common way with everyday life? This blog, of course. Daily, I will be finding an emoticon in my everyday surroundings that best describes the mood I'm in at the time and share it all with you.

About Laz :-P

Laz began his career as a Graphic Designer, studying at The School of Visual Arts in New York City. At the School of Visual Arts, Laz majored in Graphic Design and Fine Arts. Currently, Laz is a forward thinking art director residing in NYC. Laz has worked in Entertainment Advertising, Multicultural Advertising, Publications and Interactive Design and continues onward.