1/6/10 Reality Shell Shock. :-O


Although I shouldn't admit this, I do fall under the raging influence of Reality Television once in a while. Having had way too much free time on my hands during my Holiday Vacation, I allowed myself to be numbed by the likes of such shows as: 'Jersey Shore', 'The Real Housewives' and 'The Real World'. Each, perfectly crafted to bring every ounce of disgust and shock out of my mind and on to the screen. Yet once I'm tuned in, I'm stuck. Apparently, I have not yet mastered the power of this little known device called a 'remote' and it's ability to change channels.

But I was even more surprised to come across a new gem thanks to my co-worker Nicky yesterday. 'Conveyor Belt of Love'. We've all seen the template of the "Finding Love" show. The typical story of a man or woman going on national television, basically admitting they have too terrible of a personality to find a date. But this one takes the cake. 5 Women on a panel desperate for love. 30 guys coming out on a conveyor belt with 30 seconds to sell themselves. Oh yea, and the women can fight over them. No joke. The night was filled with 30 men, only about 2 that seemed remotely genuine. The rest were either dim-wit models, magicians or terrible musicians. Plus, more than a handful seemed like they were cast straight out of a mental asylum. It was the most annoyingly crazy thing I'd seen in a while. How the frak do they pitch a show like this, nonetheless approved by a network? But what's more shocking? The beefy guy in his speedo holding a pomeranian or the fact that I even wrote a post about reality TV?

Today's everyday emoticon found on a ladder at a health store in Midtown, NYC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog :-)

We use typography & emoticons in our everyday online convos to express how we feel. It's the new way to communicate. But what happens when one graphic designer decides to mix this digital common way with everyday life? This blog, of course. Daily, I will be finding an emoticon in my everyday surroundings that best describes the mood I'm in at the time and share it all with you.

About Laz :-P

Laz began his career as a Graphic Designer, studying at The School of Visual Arts in New York City. At the School of Visual Arts, Laz majored in Graphic Design and Fine Arts. Currently, Laz is a forward thinking art director residing in NYC. Laz has worked in Entertainment Advertising, Multicultural Advertising, Publications and Interactive Design and continues onward.