3/11/10 Ecstatic after this day! :)


Today has been somewhat of a whirlwind day for me. I'm a day away from leaving my current workplace and next week starting a new job. I'm extremely excited to start that next step in evolution and know it's going to be extremely amazing!

But the thing today that makes me happier than ever is the recognition that came from a recent project I started. A couple of weeks ago, while talking to a co-worker buddy of mine, I began discussing the excellence of the Horror Movie Genre and how it's evolved over the years. One unforgettable filmmaker in this genre is undeniably Alfred Hitchcock, who brought us many top notch films that stand the test of time. It's pretty tough to deny that moments from 'Psycho', 'Rear Window' and 'The Birds' are still anxiety inducing at best. Throughout this discussion, I spoke to the idea of doing a photography study on taking Horror Movie Posters from the 40's-80's and recreating them with a more contemporary styling. This brought me to the creation of "Hitchcock Re-Envisioned", A study in taking Hitchcock films and creating iconic posters based on such films as: 'The Birds', 'Rear Window', 'Vertigo' & 'Psycho'. You can see these posters at LazMarquez.com

Today, the initiative was recognized by a great blog and has garnered amazing response. I am so thankful to this response and look forward to creating more for all the supporters to see! So thank you all, you rock!!! Check out the blog in which the pieces were features at: The Daily What.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About The Blog :-)

We use typography & emoticons in our everyday online convos to express how we feel. It's the new way to communicate. But what happens when one graphic designer decides to mix this digital common way with everyday life? This blog, of course. Daily, I will be finding an emoticon in my everyday surroundings that best describes the mood I'm in at the time and share it all with you.

About Laz :-P

Laz began his career as a Graphic Designer, studying at The School of Visual Arts in New York City. At the School of Visual Arts, Laz majored in Graphic Design and Fine Arts. Currently, Laz is a forward thinking art director residing in NYC. Laz has worked in Entertainment Advertising, Multicultural Advertising, Publications and Interactive Design and continues onward.